We are now Cyber Essentials Certified!
As part of our commitment to our customers, we push ourselves to ensure we are always up to date on the latest computer threats and issues. Mor-Tech are pleased to announce that we are now Cyber Essentials Certified.
Jointly developed by the UK government and cyber security industry, the Cyber Essentials scheme defines a baseline standard of security for businesses in the UK. It outlines the controls that all organisations should implement to help mitigate risks from common internet-based threats.
Cyber Essentials concentrates on five key areas:
- Securing connectivity to the internet through appropriate management of boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- The secure configuration of software and devices used within the business
- Strong access control to data and services
- Suitable processes and mechanisms for protecting against viruses and other malware
- Effective patch management to ensure devices and software are up to date
In brief, Cyber Essentials is all about helping businesses address the basics of cybersecurity to prevent common attacks, like ransomeware and data breaches.
With our certification, we look forward to expanding ourselves at Mor-Tech and pushing more boundaries than before. As we progress through 2019, we hope you look forward to seeing us grow and stand with us on our journey.